Dubbed as the paradise for relaxing and refreshing in Indonesia, Bali Island draws the attention of increasing number of tourists annually. Visiting this stunning island, visitors will have opportunity to not only admire its romantic and compelling white sand beach with crystal water but get many memorable experiences as well.
1. Interesting experiences in Bali
Climbing Batur volcano
Listed as one of the largest Bali’s mountains with an altitude of 1717 meters, Batur volcano is recognized as a global geological park in Southeast Asia. This volcano is covered by clouds and the green color of plants all year round. Standing on the top of the mountain, travelers can see the mesmerizing natural scenery with lake and the fertile plain surrounding the mountain.
Surfing on the sea
The interesting surfing competition on the sea may be the scene making visitors feel excited when traveling Bali. Being a professional surfer or just a beginner, travelers all will find the beach appropriate to them. For examples, for the pro suffers, the beach in Uluwatu, Nusa Tenggara, Lombok will be the good choices while for the beginners, the beaches in Kutar is a suitable choice.
Watching the sunset and enjoying the cocktails at Rock Bar
Voted as the world’s most beautiful beach bar by CNN, Rock Bar is a tourist site that travelers should not miss out when visiting to Bali. Enjoying the cool cocktail while watching the sunset going down in the sea will be the most interesting experience visitors have via their Bali trip.
Snorkeling in Nusa Penida
Nusa Penida is a beautiful, romantic island in Bali famous for not only its smooth sand and crystal clear water but its colorful coral reefs as well. This is the reason why snorkeling is the outdoor activities travelers love most when visiting this island in order to soak up the cool water, admire mysterious scenery under the ocean.
Relaxing at the spas
Bali is the world’s premier resort destination and spa services are so popular in this tourist attraction that travelers can get spa services easily. It is so amazing to enjoy the health care while watching fresh natural scenery. The herbs and aromas used in the spa services also help visitors reduce stress and relax the soul.
Taking a visit to the temples floating on the water
Bali Island owns many sacred shrines of Indonesians, consisting of the unique temples with impressive architecture. One of them is Ulun Danu temple. Built in 1634 by King Gusti Agung Anom, it is an important temple possessing an special beauty with the appearance of floating on water, attracting many devotees and tourists. This site is also a “must-visit” place when exploring Bali.
2. Notes for traveling in Bali
- Be careful to keep luggage in the hotel: One of the note for traveling in Bali is that travelers should keep their luggage carefully because there are not many thieves on Bali Island but the luggage can be stolen. Therefore, visitors should lock up the doors and windows carefully at night or when they go out. Valuable items should be kept in the hotel safes. Besides, travelers should not wear expensive jewelry or watches while visiting around Bali.
- Be careful when being in traffic: The traffic situation in Bali is quite chaotic and in a mess. Therefore, when exploring this compelling island, travelers should not rent a car or motorbike to drive by yourself if not having enough experience. The means of local public transport such as horse-drawn carriages, minibuses are recommended highly.
- Be careful when swimming in Bali’s beaches: Bali Island is known for its stunning beaches captivating travelers all over the world. It is note that travelers should notice the red flags on the beach and should not swim close to them as it is in dangerous areas. Besides, visitors should prepare and carry sun block, umbrella and hat. Sunbathing on the beach is quite interesting but the excessive sunlight can adversely affect the skin.
- Be careful with the monkeys living in the island: Monkeys living popularly in Bali Island seem to be so lovely but do not be fooled by their cute look. Monkeys can steal foods or belongings such as Mp3 players, glasses of tourists. Therefore, travelers should not come too close to the monkeys.